Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Coffee Table on the Cheap


I'm kind of digging the look of two cubes for a coffee table.

I have been in love with this for awhile.
(Crate and Barrel)

That being said, I keep thinking there has got to be a way to get that look for less.

I've thought about creating the same look with two IKEA Lack side tables. At $7.99 each, you really can't go wrong (the real question is, will they break if my boys sit on them while playing the Wii?).

I would love to paint them a fabulous, high gloss color and how fun would it be to add a faux bois finish to the top?! Look at these beautiful bedside tables.

Go here to see how Eddie Ross transformed them.

It might be worth trying!

1 comment:

  1. you must meet Ana-White.com she has plans to build your own furniture. I am loving that faux bois finish (new terms for me too)!

    ReplyDelete